Thread: What do I do???
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FreeBird09
I grew my wings to fly...

Female Version...

Originally Posted by 5Fingaz View Post
I love this girl to death and more than Ive ever loved anyone. Which makes it so hard to leave. She was on her best behaviour until I moved in.Then the flood gates opened...

I went to high school with her. I know how special she is. Knew her before she had this ****** disease. Ive never been to an alanon meeting. But I think im going to give her an ultimatum... me/professional help or the bottle. I think I know what the answer will be which is sad because right now shes completely ignoring me. She tends to turn things around on me and make things to be my fault.
Sorry to hear that you are so caught up in this situation. It is hard to step back and see that although you love this woman, and you have this huge emotional (childhood) bond that spans throughout a lifetime, that she is just not good for you. You deserve someone better in your life, someone who will not abuse you.

You have the female version of my XABF, he was actually my hs sweetheart and we reunited after 25 years. The love of my life, my soul mate... the bond was so tight I felt trapped in the never ending cycle of this madness. You are welcome to read through my posts. None of this is easy, but once we finally realize that it is NOT our problem and that we can still 'love' them, but from afar... REAL FAR... away (to be able to have some sense of peace) then, and only then can we start to enjoy life. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not be on this perpetual roller coaster that sucks the very life out of every one of us.

Good luck, I will pray for you. Stay here in SR, this place is a life saver.