Thread: What do I do???
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
5Fingaz

What do I do???

First post and very long. This is what brings me here...

I have been dating an alcoholic for 8 months. I moved in fairly quickly and knew she drank but had no idea how serious it was. Now I find myself in love, moved in and basically tied to an alcoholic. All I went to do is help but I know its her battle.

She has been to rehab several times and now continues to drink. She wakes up in the morning has a drink and withdrawals if she doesnt. Usually her average intake is a fifth a day. She is in her early twenties and hides her drinking from everyone. She has a full time job, goes to family functions and hangs out with friends. Shes funtional.

She can be the sweetest girl which is the reson I fell in love with her. Its so sad to me that this terrible disease has taken over such a wonderful person and no one sees it but me. Its my burden to stay which I know is my choice because I look for those amazing moments with her. At first our relationship was incredible but lately the name calling, emotional abuse has become almost a daily occurence.

This past weekend has been a nightmare. It started with her quiting drinking. we were visiting her parents. She was not a pleasure to be around on those three days but we got through it. So we left and headed to a friends get together. She was stressing because she had nothing to wear and in an awful mood. So I tried to calm her down which made things worse. She started going off and told me to stop at a liquor store.

We had discussed that she would only drink beer because the only thing she relies on is vodka. So I told her I would go in and get it... she said No! I need something else. I lost it told her I was disappointed and couldnt believe it. She told me to pull over and get out of the car which I did. She left and turned around picked me up then stopped at a liquor store and got her stinking vodka. She went four days without a drink and it was the longest I have ever seen her go.

So we get to the party and everythings going good until I turn around and see her holding arm to arm with another guy which didnt really bother me but I just kept and eye on it. Then I saw them have their arms around each other and lost it. There had been other instances of her flirting which I let go until this. I told her it was over and said some really bad thing that I didnt mean.

So we fought for a while on the way home the next day. I apologized for the things I said and she did as well and explained that he was just a friend. We get home and decide to go out to eat, my gf was seriously starting to tear into the vodka and was really getting drunk. I waited three hours for her to get ready we finally get there and the resteraunt stopped serving food. She was tottally gone by this point and told me it was my fault to leave the house. She always tells me to get out of the house when shes **** drunk...

So I start to pack my bags and she just blind sides me pushes me over and starts slapping me. Kicked me in the nuts a few times ripped the shirt off my back. She got pretty banged up from this as well...I never touched her.

I left and spent yesterday at my parents. I ignored her calls for a while and finally decided to call her last night. She would not apologize or ask me to come back. She said it was up to me and I decided to stay at my parents. I woke up late at night and saw she tried to call several times. I sent her a text telling her I was thinking about her and us and that I saw her calls. She sent me a text this morning and said I was a liar that I didnt spend a night at my parents. I sent her an email explaining why i text her. She thinks I went out stayed at a friends and now is totally ignoring me. What do I do??