View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
liesagain

I guess the main issue is that nothing is private in my family in general. My mother is the type of mother that calls each of us numerous times a day asks many questions and has some input on everything, but she is also loving and self sacrificing, would and does do anything in the world for us. My family like most has its dysfunction I guess right now i'm just tired.

I understand that they dont approve of me not leaving him, I understand that he's had one to many relapses for them and at this point the want assurance that he will NEVER use again and if thats Not the case then I should divorce him period and anything less than that is just "pathetic" and a "waste of my life"

What they dont understand is hes an addict.........and always will be. Hes relapsed many many times and hes been in treatment many times but the thing is that's HIS battle not mine.
My battle is trying to continue to live my life and not let his addiction overcome me.

The main issue my family has right now is that I havent walked away.
In their opinion I shouldn't write or visit my husband (who's in a treatment center for 10 months) I shouldnt particiapte in family classes with him I should just walk away because "hes never going to stop using"

Someone asked me what do i say to my family............well I try to stay calm and react in a reasonable way but lately these conversations have turned to arguing matches.

Today i told my mother..............if you ask about me, or AH because your concerned or interested fine we can talk about it, but if your asking so you can TELL me yet again how you disapprove on every level or so you can make some nasty remark then save it..............I know how you feel you've told me numerous times and frankly your nasty remarks do nothing but make me not want to talk to you at all.

I wanted to add ...........I am working on ME. I have a life outside of my husband i attend school, I work I have friends and a life But I also write him, visit him and hope for a better future for us together. I don't send him money and I don't hide his addiction.

thanks for your help and replies, I dont really know what support I wanted more or less I guess I just wanted to complain