View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
expenguin

Gypsy Feet... Glad you posted and spoke your mind...

I am grateful to be here and help those that need it...

We are all here for the same reason no matter how much time is under our belts. I am glad that you are getting something out of what we say... We all have problems in areas of our recovery and the help that comes from someone who has been in this program longer than us is a "Blessing" .

I found that the "old timers" were the ones that I could bounce off of many times over and just loved to sit and listen to their stories. They are the ones that have been around much longer that the rest of us.

Keep coming back...... and take in all you can from those that have loads of time in this program.....

I remember the first day I went to a meeting and the "Old Timers" that came up to me... One even knew my dad and that meant "No secrets".. But I was wrong to think that way... He would never tell my dad that I was attending AA meetings. I felt like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders then and to this day I am thinking about his stories since he has gone to his reward years ago.

Sometimes those that make a difference to us in the program are no longer around to lean on and that is ok..... this means we need to learn to lean on ourself and God to get us through tough days...

For today I am grateful to have friends and a shoulder to lean on when the days go bad......

Little Penguin