Thread: Mental Log
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
ClayTheScribe

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I knew I would do this...I haven't posted here every single day like I said I would.

The last week has gone fairly well. My mood has been pretty stable...and I just got a bump up in one of my meds.

The newer one I'm on has some good and bad side effects. The bad is that I feel tired all the time and weak...but the good is that my appetite has significantly decreased and my cravings for sugary stuff has gone down as well.

I did blow my diet today , but I have been losing weight pretty well over the last month. Don't worry, I'm not starving myself. If I don't eat regularly I really notice it in my moods or energy level...but at least these pills have made me feel a little nauseous if I eat too much. What a relief to have the food demon calm down and nearly be silenced. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad until I've been able to catch a break. This must be what it feels like to have a normal appetite and not really have an issue with cravings.

I don't care what people say...I know food consumption can be an addiction for some. It has been harder for me to challenge my food issues than for me to quit drinking.

Ugh. I still have a long way to go.
I hear ya on the food consumption problem. What drug or drugs are you on that reduce your appetite? I could go for that. I think my Geodon and Lithium make me eat too much because I've had a hard time keeping off the weight since I started them, but I'm hesitant to tell my psychiatrist. I'm thinking of finding a new psychiatrist.

Congratulations on feeling better this week, you even sound better on your post.

Take care,

Clay