View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1_day@_a_time

"I'm already planning the 4th......and debating what I will drink with all of that alcohol... free, unlimited alcohol."

Just to give you or anyone else an idea of how your life can change if and when you are ready to stop: on the 4th of July, I will wake up with no hangover, no guilt or remorse about drinking & be very grateful for my life being alcohol free.

I will promptly ask Him to be with me in the moment I'm in and be with me throughout the day & help me with my thinking & though life.

I'll start the day out with some reading & praying, asking Him to be with me, all of my family and all my friends, which include each and everyone of you.

I'll ask for compassion, understanding, flexibility and tolerance. That love & tolerance be my code to others in all cases. If someone bothers me, I'll ask for patience & pause to not get angry, but pray for them, for they may well be emotionally ill and or frequently wrong & a child of God's too.

I'll thank Him I am able to run the trails of our mountians for hours on end, and complete all the endurance events I have come to love so much.

The 4th of July is a special day for me as I pause and show my gratitiude that indeed another year has passed w/o any alcohol or drugs. That my life has completely changed as I continue to recover & grow. That finally I have found a program which teaches me coping skills to live life w/o having to escape. So that I may be at peace emotionally, physically, mentally & spiritually & become happily & usefully whole.

and btw, I am incapable of ANY of this without God, a formal program of recovery (AA), the amazing assistance of a loving sponsor, applying the 12 steps & continuing to learn how to apply spiritual principles in my life, as a way of life.

I really love the 4th of July......

Last edited by 1_day@_a_time; 06-28-2009 at 11:15 AM.