View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
shelly009

Oh one more thing.... do you think that if you were truly honest with your husband (about the last 6 months as well) that he would support you in your quitting, maybe even urge you to quit.

The support of your significant other might really make all the difference. He cant really support you or understand the problems you are really having with this until he knows the whole story. Do you think you have been completely honest?

And also, does he drink? The first time I told my husband ( 2 years ago ) that I wanted to quit drinking he told me, and I quote "dont F%&# this up for ever body else" (meaning friends and himself of course) At the time I guess he didnt realies the extent of my problem (I didnt tell him what was really going on). AND a large part of it was that he didnt want to change his drinking patterns.

Now, over the last 2 years he has seen me slip farther and farther into it and has decided to quit with me. HOWEVER, I really wish I had been smart enough.. or strong enough just to quit a few years back when I knew it was getting bad. Now I am quite embarrassed of all of the things he has seen in the last 2 years.. things I can not take back.

Dont wait until its too late. You cant change the past... so make sure your present is something you will be proud of.

Shelly