View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
misstep

Effortjoy-
I've been reading your posts and I know you really didn't want to tell your husband about your drinking. The fact that you did is a HUGE step, and I think it means that you really do want to quit, that you really do want his support. You're just scared! There isn't anything wrong with being scared, and admitting to it is actually very brave. But if you drink on vacation you'll still be scared to quit when you get home, it won't be any easier, or any less frightening.

Going on vacation might be a great way to learn how to relax being sober. I don't know where you're going, but you can read, sightsee, nap, talk with your husband, try great restaurants... there are a ton of things to do. I think the least relaxing thing to do would be to be drinking but trying to hide it. Sounds like a lot of stress!!

Obviously you're going to do what you want to do, and I have a bad feeling you have already made up your mind to drink. But the fact that you told your husband, and the fact that you come here shows you do have a desire to quit. Listen to the advice here!!