Thread: So, now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

You know Daisy I think I can relate..

My husband says he is sober.. but I have my doubts.. We have not hadthe drama that a lot of other addicted families have had to endure.. My AH has always come home at night, never been arrested, he has a steady job so on the outside everything looks ok..

but on the inside... now thats another story... There are the lies and then there are more lies, there is the fact that I do not trust him and I probably will never 100% trust him, and there is the fact that he is very irresponsible and immature and more often times then not I feel like I live with a very bad 12 year old rather then a 35 year old man.. I find myself wondering if I will ever have a happy and healthy relationship with him.. I'm beginning to realize that my answer is probably no and now I have to take the steps to make some very tough decisions.

My advice is to just keep taking care of you... if you haven't already, find an alanon or naranon meeting so that you can get the support you need for yourself...

Ya know, I think I can deal with the fact that my AH is an addict.. I can't change that.. it's the lies that hurt the most and it's the lies that have damaged our marriage.. The sad thing is my AH is not even aware of the wreckage he has caused...