Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I can't thank you all enough for this thread

"Weaker prey" so true

Sometimes I was sick & twisted enough to want to go back to my "careless" "fun" self, drinking, clubbing, to "fit in".

But no, I know I can't look back now, and I know this recovery path has so many gifts for me... that the end result is more important than ANY event on the past, ANY other opinions, ANYTHING... now I know my objective in life is to feel peace and grow spiritually, that is all I aim to do. Not a job or an image or a car or feeding up sick society's opinion of "success"... I just need peace, and faith in my life, and letting know the VALUABLE PEOPLE AROUND ME how much they enhance my life...

Its the "Gift of desperation", when you are no longer willing to LOSE TIME and finally start focusing on the things that actually matter (faith, health, tranquility)

I am starting to see how the madness of my last "relationship" helped me reorganize my priorities and become totally commited to them.

So, in the end.. everything worked out for the best. At least for me. And I agree we are strong, because its very difficult to break patterns, yet here we are breaking them.

I think everybody is doing it too, but no guys, its just us!! Even in our pain we are blessed.

Just my thoughts today...