Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
pepper13

Originally Posted by CALYNN View Post
Hi - I was just wondering if anyone can offer any ideas/advice. My alcoholic uncle is living with my grandmother who has alzheimer's. He's verbally abusive and also doesn't take care of her - give her medications or feed her when he's supposed to. He gets drunk in the morning and then sleeps all afternoon.

We need to have him removed from the house. He's living there for free, doesn't work.

I've called adult protective services and they said they can't come out for 10-12 days. I also called the sheriff dept and they said we would have to prove abuse to have him removed and that would take 30 days. I don't understand how they can let him stay there and abuse my grandma for 30 more days.

Does anyone have experience with this? He's too big and mean for me and my family members to get him out on our own.

Thanks,

c
i have almost the exact situation except my uncle is doing speed and trying to plant weed plants at the house .....he has beeen stealing her money and like yu said very verbally abusive and munipulates her all the time because of her alzheimer, he also cntinues to deal drugs from the house as well....contact the alzheimer assocations ...i could give you more advice but they can access your situation better goood luck please fill free to ask more questions