Thread: So, now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Each of us has our own journey. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, usually it's sad.

SR is a great place to read, share, vent and learn more about the family diseases of alcoholism and addiction. Like it or not, if we are here then we have been affected by someone else's drinking or drug use. It helps me to read about others' experiences. It helps to see how other people have handled certain situations so I can see if that's a possible solution for me ...or a great example of how I DON'T want to respond.

The lessons I have learned and the tools I have acquired by working my own recovery program have served me well in many aspects of my life: home, work, friends, neighbors, etc. I have new ways of seeing the bigger picture, and I know that I have choices in how I respond to things.

As for your situation, I hope this is the time that your husband chooses recovery. He might, and he might not. Hopefully you're learning more about your own boundaries and the choices you have for what's in your own best interest.

Hugs
Cats