View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Insertwittyname

Thanks for the quick and caring responses.....Still trying to figure out how i got myself in this situation, hard to admit that you can't get yourself out with help! Gaining a lot of insight and "been there's" from reading all these posts and trying to come up with a game plan....haven't hit "rock bottom" like some of the situations i've read about and i'm going to try to do my damndest not to get there......admitting you have a problem is very liberating and to keep this liberation going, i'd like to self indulge and give some details of my situation...
Was always shy growing up and can still remember the first party where i had a few beers and suddenly became the life of the party.....that continued until i got a stressful job and began to have drinks in the evening to help relax and sleep well.....over the past 5 years the trend just snowballed and i've now gone from drinking beer to drinking hard liquor and have now "cut down" (yeah right) to a bottle to a bottle and a half of wine a night or more on the weekend......from reading the posts, this seems pretty cookie cutter....i'm trying to work on the stopping part and every evening it's the same thing....i'll just have a couple of glasses with dinner to relax......