View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
whereami
A Brand New Life

I am not sure what your faith may be, but I was raised Catholic and the other day I promised that any money I found while cleaning, I would give to St. Anthony if I could find my SS card that I misplaced. Long story short I brought the money today and sat with my priest who heard my confession of grief, loss, guilt and strife. I told him how I am rebuilding my new life every day, stepping forward in every area of my life to do all that I can and that I believed in leaving things that were out of control in God's hands.

It made me feel so much better! I feel relieved, revived and focused knowing my goal and he gave the most helpful advice...anytime someone gets you down or tries to be mean, just reply: "I will be praying for you" It made me laugh to think something like that could be so fulfilling but it is true. In order to find our spirit we must learn to forgive ourselves, forgive others and let God do his work. I feel like grace shined today and a burden has been lifted. I will pray every day that I make good decisions and make the best of my life. God bless