Thread: Father's Day
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Thanks for the replies. We'll be fine. I don't have anything against her mom or step-dad (ok her mom can get on my nerves at times!! Mother-in-laws, ex or not!!), they've always been good to me, better than I probably if I were in their shoes and had to deal with all the crap I've put their daughter through.

I have no resentment, I just needed to vent. I must say my first impulse was to go and get fu*ked up, but that certainly wouldn't have solved anything and would have made it worse. I'd have been hung over and probably not enjoyed the little time I have with him.

Instead I went out and rented a couple of games and now I'm going to go blow some $hit up!!!!! Video games were probably my first addiction as a young teen, but I guess you can call it a practice in harm reduction. Like I say, I'm not all better, but getting better.

I also really liked the idea Martha had about writing my son a letter. I think I will do that tonight. First a little X-box stress reduction!! Thanks guys (and gals) for being there. Take care.