Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SillyBilly
Soft & Silky & Manageable

Martha I don't know what to say but thank you :ghug3
It's comments like your that make me take my breath away and I'm truly touched you feel that way. I know I can do this, and hearing you say that just reinforces that belief only further. I'm so happy to hear you stopped taking your pain meds, well done. And I'm sorry to hear about your difficult situation. It IS really hard isn't it. But I see now you also recognise your 'danger areas' and certain 'triggers'. We can do it Martha!

My suggestion is to get rid of the lay-z-boy, toss it out, give it away. Bring your TV back inside. Replace your 'stoner habits' with something else. Do it now while you have the motivation since you are already throwing your pain meds out. Massive hugs and much, much love to you Martha.

PS you're not a sicko, I had some dental work done several weeks ago before my sobriety and I think, deep inside, part of me ONLY got the work done so I could get a script for fortes. We are all the same, we are all addicts. But together, we are strong and we can achieve ANYTHING. Keep on track, you are helping me as much as I'm helping you.

Thanks firestorm, I appreciate the kind words and your time

Thank you for stopping by charmain. Unfortunately my friend is still off work with serious injuries to his leg so he is more or less, home-ridden. He can still walk, but he needs his rest. I love your input though. It just gave me an idea. Perhaps I should invite him out somewhere, for a game of 8-ball, to the movies or even the bowling alley when he gets better. Something 'normal'

PS Martha, how good is sober emotional bonding? Isn't it the best? I just love it.