View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Abundance

So much truth in the above post.........
You put into words all that I am feeling and know.

Maybe this is one of the reason why we need to remove ourselves from the insanity. Maybe this is why we need to focus on us, just us and our behavior…self policing can be a truly eye opening experience…which does by the way make it so much easier to make decisions that we need to for our sanity. And it has nothing to do with staying, or leaving as if leaving alone can solve this which is already so inside of us for other reasons. We aren’t really in this by happenstance, those of us watching follow an almost set pattern spiraling out of control, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, just as the addicts in our lives do…we all have to hit a bottom at some point, we can opt out of the madness whenever we wish….and if your bottom is out of frustration and anger, a reaction because you can’t control, that they just won’t do as, and that why can’t they…well then time will show this real brightly when you start over and repeat the same pattern in the next relationship.
If we leave based on reaction because we can't control what it is that we want from the other person.... it will just follow into our next relationships. I can understand that - which is WHY I will not be leaving recovery.... staying in it.... because I'd have to say - that I COULD have accepted how I was being treated and accepted him for all of the things that I ALLOWED to hurt me ...... however; NO WAY - NO HOW - could I accept all of those things in my partner! GEeeeeeez.... and really - why DID I? It really comes down to choice. And I have the choice to NOT BE IN SUCH DYSFUNCTION.

And by doing this self-policing in my therapy - it really opened my eyes to my role in all of this.

Sorry Cess for high jacking - I am finding this thread to be extremely healing and enlightening.