View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wascally Wabbit
Power is not having to respond

I know you care. When someone's been in your life, and you remember the good you had with them, it's hard to realize that the good is gone forever.

I had a similar relationship that I ended. I was not hysterical or chaotic about it. I simply said I no longer wished to be involved. Well, he called me every day for a long time. I answered the first couple of times, then I totally ignored every call after that.

Here it is almost 2 years later. He married someone else, divorced her, got involved with another woman and still, on occasion, I see his number pop up! I don't answer it. A couple of times he's used an anonymous phone number that I don't recognize, and I answer it. The first thing he says is, "Please don't hang up!!".
I hang up with absolutely NO response!

He is simply looking for someone, ANYONE to take him. It's not that he misses me, or really loves me (or anyone else really). It's just a way to get into someones life.
He got married 2 months after I broke it off with him. She had money and a nice life with savings. She has nothing now! He spent every penny she had. She divorced him, and now at 55 years old has no savings.

He's desperate. I am not desperate. He's a manipulator. I refuse to be manipulated.

I am through with havoc. I want PEACE!! I have that peace and I'll be darned if I let a junkie or alcoholic deprive me of that ever again.
It's all a game with them. The longer they can keep you under their "spell" the more chance they have of manipulating you. It's like a telemarketer. They know that the longer they can keep you on the phone, the better chance they have of making you buy something that you really don't need or want!

Block his number on your cell phone.