Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
Katie—

I actually think you have shown a lot of change in the last few months. If you did go back to your posts a few months ago, you were quick to take any suggestion and attack why it wouldn't work head on. You would rationalize everything away. You were really defensive. You created some dramatic threads.

Cut to now. You seem so different to me. You are so much more willing to listen to people's advice and even support. Even when people come at you slightly aggressively, instead of using it as bait, you take it for what it is, their opinion, plain and simple, and usually just an attempt at trying to connect to and help you. Your rigidity in thinking has greatly diminished. I mean you are even going back to AA which a bit ago was something you would never, ever touch with a 20 foot pole. You gave every reason in the book why it was the most horrible organization in the world and now you are willing to give it a chance. I understand you still have reservations. Things aren't easy. You might not have sobriety down pat. But it seems to me you are in a better place right now. I just wanted to comment that I have noticed positive changes in you from this side of the keyboard for what it is worth.
Gosh, SFGirl, I would like to think things have changed over the past few months, and they really have. But for you to express this means so much to me. I will keep on keeping on and see what happens. What is the alternative? Not good. At any rate, thank you so much for your support. And I won't put up a huggy thing, as I know that's not your deal.

Katie