View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Charmie

hello,,this is just my experience,,i found i was ready for sponsership pretty quickly when i went back to AA (went before 4 yrs ago and wasnt ready to throw in the towel!) so i started looking about in the meetings i was going to,which was nealry every day,but i couldnt find the right person,i wasnt looking for a friend,i was looking for as someone mentioned somebody that i thought was truly living by the programme and practising it.i prayed a lot on this which i do with almost everything in my life and one day a lady visting from 50 miles away came to a lunchtime meeting i attend,i heard her share and BANG! that was it,i thought after hearing her that i could tell her anything,she was quite clear and we made a verbal contract if you like,if we become friends after she has taken me through the programme then that will be nice but she is just my teacher if you like.she is just a messenger,so like somebody said,you will intuitivly know when you hear someone speak if they are living a truly spiritual life.pray on it,i was told when the pupil is ready the teacher will appear,and it came true for me.sounds like a temporary sponsor is what you need for now though.i hope this helps you a little.