Old 06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Why would these women want to help "me"? Why should they care? I'm nobody. I'm a drunk without a job. I'm worthless/hopeless
Welcome to SR Calynn, I can answer that question for you, most of them have walked in your shoes, and they have found a way out! Part of finding thier way out of the abyss called alcoholism is to help another alcoholic to gain what they have.

Calynn, every one of those women know that feeling you are experienceing now, they have been there.

Think about it, if you found the solution to a life threatening situation would you not find great joy in passing that on to others? I have along with hundreds of thousands of other men and women.

The solution to my alcoholism was given to me freely and today I pass it on to others freely. This is one of the greatest joys in my life today, to be able to look an alcoholic man dead square in the eye at his lowest moment and honestly tell him "I have been where you are at and I found a solution to my alcoholism and life itself! I can show you the way I found out of the hole you are in now and you will be helping me to stay sober just as much as I can help you stay sober."

Latch on to these ladies, if you want what they have then do what they did to get it!

Ask them what they did to find freedom from thier alcoholism.

Ask them about a temporary sponsor.

If you are willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober, then follow thier suggestions.