Thread: Let me fall?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CAPTAINZING2000
Psalm 118:24

We all have choices to make in life. Strange, how drugs and alcohol will make us choose badly .

If, we're struck down with cancer, for the most part, we're not going to ignore the fact we need to seek professional help to try and treat it.

We live in denial with our alcohol and drug addiction.

I made the unhealthy choice to take drugs and drink. It's up to us to seek help. If, we don't want help, no one can make us clean and sober!!!!!

As a child, I can give that b.s line I had a lousy upbringing. As an adult, every choice I make, I can't blame anyone else.

Pain to me is the greatest motivator. I use this continually at a meeting, hit your finger with a hammer. Did that hurt your finger? It's going to continually get more painful using drugs an alcohol as well.

Our disease is cunning and baffling leaves us lying in the gutter thinking we're ok.

Everytime, I read about someone going to prison or, dying due to drugs and alcohol I have to give thanks for sobriety today.

We can let people know we care. That doesn't mean, we have to offer them money to buy drugs or booze with. I'll be damned if, I'd pay my kids rent if, I knew he was taking his own money to buy drugs or alcohol with it.

There's a different standard often times as to what, a father will do as opposed to a mother.

As a father, I have to let go and let God