Thread: Let me fall?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JMFburns

Probably not the best post for me to read at this time, but since I did I thought I'd chime in as well.

I'm finding the past couple days that I have to finally make this drastic step of cutting my son out of my life for now.

What's his problem? I don't know for sure about drugs right now, but he has a lot of mental problems that he needs to resolve, his past problems with drugs, anger, homelessness, joblessness, no more friends, rest of family (Dad & sister) have given up on him, etc. I was all he had left but he was only using me for money.

He says he needs me as a support now, but I feel it is ONLY about money. I can't say no to him no matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to so . . . I've dug myself into the worst financial hole . . . I want out.

I gotta let him go, not see him, get better. It hurts like he!! and I had to make a list of the recent ways he's scammed me so I can try to recall the anger instead of getting caught up in sympathy. Is it the right thing to do, I hope so . . . if not I'm going down with him and I don't think that is right.

I pray he finds the help he needs, that there is someone out there that will reach out a hand to him. I love him more than I love myself right now and I have to turn that around a bit.

Take care, Joan