Thread: Let me fall?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

No..This is not a guilt thread. It wasnt even suppose to reflect anything about my own issues.
Just some things I have seen lately.
Like how everyone has their own path to everything.
I just wonder how being set in one certain way to deal with addiction can affect different people.

Does that make sense?
Being a hard ass doesnt help everyone. I have to admit I get more out of the strait talkers. If its delivered right. The ones that just come across as jerks. No matter how honest they are. I dont get that. You can talk all the truth you want in my book If its not delivered in the right tone. Your wasting your breathe.
Like m cousins wife. She si so funny. She is so polite she even cusses politely. LOL. And it just has a different effect in how she says it.
When you make someone feel like because they are not getting it. That now they arent trying or they are fooling themsleves. That they arent hurting just as much or trying or dont desreve peoples time. Thats wrong.
Like when people say they want to leave because they slipped. They feel shame. They feel like they are becoming a burden. Liek they are wasting our time. And it comes from how we are treated at some point before that in a time where we have fallen short before.
"Oh..I'm not going to beg you to stay." "Or we'll be here when you decide you want to be serious.Your on your own till then." Why would you even say something like that? Like what you think is going to make or break someone.
I dont get that mentality. How does that help?
You can be assertive without disconnecting. You can still help and be there without sacrificing yourself.
Theres always a right way to do everything,
I know alot of people will disagree with this. And personally..I dont care.

I myself just can not bring myself to tell someone because they cant seem to get it. That I am tired of wasting my time. So they arent trying because they are so lost in addiciton. I dont believe most people arent serious. Fooling themselves ..Yes. But I do believe most are serious and really do try. They just dont try hard enough or are not strong enough to keep fighting.