View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RobinsFly

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post

my AH says he's "fixed", yet the crazy behavior is still there. So, I have to respect his decisions. If he's fixed then he's fixed, but his actions aren't anything I can live with.
This is exactly what my soon-to-be-X AH just said to me. I told him that I am doing my own recovery, my own moral inventory, etc. Then he makes a snide remark and says "what? and I'm not changing?", followed by "I'm good".

So, there. I had my answer. He thinks he's "good". But I can no longer live with his behavior.

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post

The personality she hid in alcohol and drugs is now in the spotlight. We can all see it quite clearly even if she can't.
This is so helpful to remember

Originally Posted by tallulah View Post

I knew he hadn't even truly got on the first rung of the ladder when he constantly took my inventory, pointed out my defects of character and yet seemingly had none of his own.. and the lightbulb.. when he mocked that I had come to accept and believe that there was a power greater than mine and that I had turned my will and my life over to it/the HP/Universe/whatever you would call it and its care. He laughed at me and mocked me. By doing so he laughed at and mocked the very foundations of the programme he was supposed to be working.
Holy smokes, this is happening here. I'm getting mocked. I'm getting the snide remarks about MY recovery. I'm getting the dirty looks.

But my XAH is not working a program. He has only seen a counselor who knows nothing about addictions. And, he's "all good".

brother....