View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
marle

Sending some hugs. One thing that I have found with my daughter is that she sometimes tends to make things that are said or done to her worse than they really are. Addicts will do this to take the focus off from them. If they can create chaos around them then what is focused on is the chaos and not the addiction. My daughter went to rehab and a halfway house. She came home and did what she promised for 3 months. She then thought that she could drink and not come home all night. When she came home, she smelled of alcohol but tried to deny it. We asked her to move out and she did. Having to pay her own way made her grow up some but she still has a lot of addict behaviors even with a year clean from heroin. She currently is not drinking but is having trouble with her boyfriend. So even with her clean time she can create chaos in my life. I just have to set some firm boundaries and follow through. Good for you for telling her she can't come home. They will say anything, promise anything to get what they want. Such is addiction. Hugs, Marle