Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lovemykids

Thank you all so much, you have given me a lot to think on.

My daughter has been in there now for almost 4 months, she was home this last time on reflection because she ran away from there. She told me that she doesn't know how much more that she can take and she can't get out of there soon enough. The night she ran away she was upset with one of the case workers, she wanted to call home and talk to me because she was so upset. The case workers on duty that evening said that they would leave it up to the older members (other kids in there) the kids told her no that she couldn't call home. My daughters case worker was not working that evening but he let her call home once because she was so upset at that time. The kids told her no so my daughter ran away to a train station across the road to call me collect from the payphone. She sat there until the cops went to pick her up she was scared to go back on her own. They hadn't even realized that she wasn't at rehab until I called them, they had done a head count and thought she was there.

My husband took our ad back to rehab this past Sunday and also took a fan for our friends ad room. The case worker there was very rude to my husband. She asked him why he brought the fan into the building and he said that our friend had wanted her daughter to have it for her room. The case worker told my husband to take it back as the kids are not allowed to have fans. The weird part though is that our ad has one as do the other kids in there. I have seen her room and other rooms where the kids sleep. Dh was not allowed to go in the girls sleeping area when we did a tour. He did however know that that our daughter had her fan there but he wasn't about to argue with her.

My daughter has been called vile names and was told that she is going to die of aids before she reaches 40 years old. Reality check I am sure however, it is all in their wording, like instead of saying "You are a Crack#@$%! and are going to die of aids before you reach 40, they in my opinion should have worded it " this is what is going to happen if you keep on the road taking pills/drugs. My friends daughter has been called a prostitute for sleeping with her boyfriend and taking the pills from him.

I have been trying to call the man in charge to do a follow up, I complained to him about one of the caseworkers last week but I can't seem to reach him now. I want to know how the meeting between them went.

This rehab center is run by the gov't and donations. The fee we pay is very minimal.

My daughter is off drugs and is doing great that way. I just can't take her running away like that and saying that she isn't going to last in there. My friends daughter told her that my daughter is in there crying all the time. Her caseworker told me that they are basically not being as friendly towards her because of her reflections she has had. I told him I backed him up on his end however, the other case workers I would rather they just backed away from her and not talk to her opposed to insulting her etc...

My ad case worker suggested that I call this other case worker this evening when he is working.....I am calling at 6pm. I said to my daughters caseworker, everything that I have been hearing can't all be taken out of context.......he said that I was probably right.