Thread: Love
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rebec

Wow, I can really relate to all this. I recently thought I was in love with someone,until he said he wanted to date other women. He was married for 38 years to one woman and then I came into the picture. The only thing I did not see was the fact that he too was a heavy drinker. He was a beautiful man in many ways but he wanted to expierience dating.I was shattered when he said that and cried for 7 days until we got together once again for just 2 days. This went on for 3 more weeks. On and off on and off. He started with the Scotch and that was it for me. I am not sure where all this love I had for him went. Then I met the second man 1 week later and I started thinking wow this guy is awesome. A Handsome , funny, rekindleing his life with his kids and grandchildren.Then the bomb fell out from under me. He tells me after a few dates that he is a recovering addict for 3 years now and that he would prefer dating some one in recovery. I had had a few drinks in front of him and was not something he can handle. said I would not drink, but he insisted that I should not have to change for him and that I should be able to have a drink if I so desired. I would of never drank again if that is want he needed to stay clean. I so understand that now. Since then I have started attending Al-anon again and after a week off not hearing from him he called to say Hello andasked How was I doing. We had a great conversation I thanked him. I thanked him because if were not for him I am not sure if I would of returned to the Al-anon program just yet. I may have met more wrong guys and would of had lots of chaos and no serendity too. It is very hard to want something so bad and it hurts not being able to have it. I see how withdrawal could be for an addict. I was having withdrawal symptoms myself when I had to end a realtionship with2 men that were not ready. I have not dated for a while and forgot how I could get with men. When the time is right for me I believe I will find true love. Love should not hurt. Thanks for your post