View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
rebec

Hi Winnie the guy that I was involved with for 6 weeks not the second one. I got into the second one way to fast. But I will say that if it were not for the recovering addict I would not have found this group or go back to Al-anon. I see now that my addiction is in relationships with men. I also know though that it is getting easier for me to get out especially the first one I was with since I saw for the first time in years how alcohol can change a perfectly fun sweet man into a monster. The second one I dated for a small time was more his looks I guess but also his demeanor and his kindness. However I barely knew him and I already felt a trememndous liking to him in more than just his looks. I am thankful I met him though and that I had a short time with him too. I have not heard from him since last Monday and I have not called or text him either. I would of done both long ago but I know it is best to let him go. He is working his program I suppose and I sure am working mine. I have had problems with addiction and wondering if I should attend AA meetings or just stick to Al-anon. Thanks again