View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
fighttowin

Originally Posted by charmian View Post
hello fight.myself and my partner are both alcoholic.how we are together after 6yrs of alcoholic drinking,lying,cheating,stealing,arguments,,blah blah blah is beyond me.but we made it,and today we are both living happy fullfilling lives free from alcohol,we go on holiday for a month to the states soon,we are both nice to each other,.we respect each other.this is all thanks to AA.i went first and he soon quickly followed after yet another awful binge.we did it for ourselves but in the end it has saved us too.i wish you well in whatever you decide to do,,but ,things will only get worse in all aspects,,im not trying scare tactics,,that is futile.im telling it how it is in active alcoholism.if you really want to get well there is a solution.keep us posted.
It's funny when you say you respect each other. my husband has friends that i wounder who makes each other more of a dummy. when he hangs with them during the day he has no respect for me and i lose all respect for him. i know life would be so good. it is sad because r 5 yr has nothing to do with him. he will keep saying to her why dont you hug me but u always hug mom. he should see that as a problem. thanks for the feedback