View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Suspicious

Originally Posted by Hopeful Still View Post
I don't even know for certain whether or not he is using. The emotional roller coaster his behavior sends me on is just getting old. I won't sit back and let him self-destruct in front of us. If he does start using, then he will have to leave. Last time, we left. Moved back home with my parents. Changed schools. Turned OUR lives upside down. If he uses again, HIS life will be the one that gets turned upside down. How do you draw the line between making yourself crazy snooping/doubting/questioning and not burying your head in the sand and just letting his actions take him where they may?

Right now, all I have are suspicions and doubts. But maybe it is just a sickness in my own head. How do I know for sure? That is what drives me crazy. I have no proof of anything right now. Just my feelings that things don't seem right.
I know exactly what you mean with having only suspicions & doubts.... hence my username lol. And I dont have any answers about how to keep from making ourselves crazy with the doubts cuz I struggle with that every day. I dont even have a relapse of my hubbys to use to measure against. This is the first time I have known of him quitting... the first time I even realized they could be a problem to ask him to quit. I cant even say to him 'you relapsed before' and use it to justify my suspicions. But I cant bring myself to say to him that just because it is the first try at quitting that I know of is one of the biggest reasons that I doubt it. If he was able to quit on his 1st try then he will be in a very small minority. Even to myself it sounds so doom&gloom and expecting him to fail that I wont voice that fear.

I am SOOOO glad tho that I misunderstood what you meant about not just sitting back and taking it... that you would make him leave. As so many people on here will tell you, set your boundaries and start making a plan. Then you (and me) can start working on keeping ourselves off of detective duty and sane! lol!