View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by OceanBound View Post
Bam, I don't know your treatment history well but if you are relatively new to antidepressants or haven't tried many, it might be you haven't given it enough time or you are on the wrong one. Some won't help you, others will hurt you and make you (more) suicidal. Talk to your doc about changing/upping the dose.

Yeah, I'm new to antidepressants. I'm impatient. I know, I need to wait. I'm trying a different combo right now.

Originally Posted by OceanBound View Post
In my worst depression/suicidal thoughts episode, it took me months to get out of that dark place. And the progress was so slow I didn't see it for a while. And it was also wearing me out. For now, surround yourself with people who love you, do something fun every day (like reading jokes or whatever) and sleep enough hours. If you can't sleep, ask your doc for something. Sleep is very important in healing depression.

Good luck and please don't disappear on us!
:ghug

It helps to know there are others who've been through this. I sleep whenever I can. My schedule got messed up yesterday. When I get really low, I usually go to sleep. I woke up around midnight and it took me about five hours before I was tired enough to lay down again. I'll probably go to sleep again after I get off of work.

I'm off to work soon...sometimes it's a bad trigger for me. *sigh*