View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Not to worry. I'm not really alright but I know I will be. That's really important.

I am going through a divorce, while living in the same house as my ex who is trying to claim full legal and physical custody. He is agressive psychologically and has been physically agressive a few times in the past. So I am intimidated and stressed out. My fight is sometimes with keeping my own emotions in check and sometimes with negotiating with someone who really is not making sense to me. I am, daily, struck dumb by some of the things he is saying - asserting that I never quit drinking, that I am a bad mom, etc.

So, I find I am in the most stressful event of my life. Thank God, THANK GOD, I am sober.

And I thank God for my sober friends here. I have a hard time turning to my friends in person because I kind of fall apart. I don't fall apart here. I have time to think. (Well, maybe I've fallen apart a little here on SR in the past.... )

Anyway - that's the jist of it. Thank you to anyone who offers prayers, epecially. I am praying that my ex will feel his own heart soften and that he will see the truth that the kids need me too.