Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Lenina

Katie,

I met him during a time I was very busy with work. A meeting got canceled and I end up with a free evening. I took myself to see a movie. I had some time to kill so I browsed in the bookstore next door to the movies. We just started chatting about a book, found out we had similar interests and he was waiting for the same movie!

We sat together, had pie after and he gave me his phone number. A few days later I called him regarding something we had been talking about and needing a reference.

I was totally involved in my project and literally had no time for socializing. Weeks went by and we chatted on the phone from time to time. Finally, I had a free night and we had dinner. We had so many similar interests, philosophical and political.

Believe me, I was in no mood for getting involved with any man but he was so interesting to me and we laughed a lot together. That's been almost 20 years ago! He became my best friend. We rarely spat and get along very well.

But, of course, I knew there were things about him that would never change just like I have things that will never change. We make accommodations. He's a dyed in the wool slob. I am not always easy to be around. I like alone time. He's gives me my space and respects me.

He's been very good to me over the years. He stood by me during some very bad times. Family illnesses, my own injury and been very supportive.

Love,

Lenina