View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wolfchild
Disposable Hero

If you were in "relapse mode", you'd be trying to rationalize or justify why using ______ is your only option. This appears to be another area for you to do the right thing for the right reasons. Stay strong in your recovery and continue to apply what you have learned so far! Accept what God's will is for your life and stay on a practical path in taking care of your health!! Pay attention to how the disease of addiction tries to back you into a corner by telling you that your less than who you are, by twisting your thinking around about what you are doing!!!
Easy does it, stay focused on your recovery. Stay in contact with your sponsor and have faith in yourself.

According to my previous psych doctor, i have several mental and emotional conditions which (in his opinion) requires medication. i totally understand how you feel about being prescribed something to 'fix' what a medical professional has diagnosed that you have a problem with. It wasn't until i made a decision for myself about how i would treat those "problems" that i began to find other ways to deal with them. Living life centered on spiritual principles has helped reduce the intensity of many of those difficulties for me. Surrendering my will and my life to the God of my understanding on a daily basis helps me to recognize that i am in the care of a power greater than myself (no matter what). Somedays, i experience a few overwhelming symptoms of what i have been diagnosed with, but i don't look at it as something that i must 'suffer' from. It is what it is and i continue to be able to do what i need to do without any mood or mind altering substances to help me. It's a decision i have made for how i want to live and i take complete responsibility for that. It works for me and i'm OK with that, one day at a time. i continue to ask for help with the exact nature of my problems, rather than the seemingly never ending symptoms of them.