View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sunshine1980

Is it abnormal in the US for a 20 year old to still live with their parents? Cos over here in Europe it is pretty normal to stay at home till about mid twenties or something like that... or atleast it is nothing out of the ordinary for a 20 year old to still live at home.
I just thought to ask that after seeing that one response.

Anyway. It is good you and your husband can talk about it and make this decision together. I agree there should be some rules and boundaries, the drug testing is a good idea but then again he refused to take one right before he left so I don't know..... the halfway house might be a good option to consider?

I was thinking about the story of one of the posters here, Scott I think his name is. He lives at home with his parents and there have been some ups and downs but he is doing good now and from what he posted, it seems a lot of that has to do with being at home with his parents.
He is just one person that stuck out to me cos I know someone in a situation that is about 99% similar to his....

Then again for some people it might do more bad than good to stay in that type of shielded environment.

I am still trying to figure it all out myself, just thinking out loud here with all of you.

All the best for you dorton.