Old 05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
vicodaniel

Well said Sug !I think there are different types and degree's of addict also. Depending on where you fall into this scheme of things, detox, some research about what you've done to yourself and communicating on line with others might be enough of a program to get some people through. Others might require 90 day inpatient, psychoanalysis additional meds and ongoing supervision.My buddy who is clean 15 months took 3 # 10 hydro's the other day.He said they were what they were, but as long as he didn't take any more he doesn't feel he relapsed.Many people can have a beer or two and not get carried away.Everyone is different,I also think that once you have been really addicted to something like opiates, the potential is there to become addicted to alcohol or something else that wasn't a problem before. As far as there being only one method, I think that there are a couple popular methods that get the most play because Doctors and others are most familiar with them, it would be impossible to tailor a program to each person. If someone suggests suboxone or NA I think they do so with the facts backing them up as far as numbers of successful stories.I think people in the threads should relay their own experiences and let people choose for themselves. Tell others what worked for you and what didn't.Be tolerant no matter what and offer understanding and support.