Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Trish glad you made it through the in your head deal, as others have shared, I too found in early sobriety that doing things helped to break that thought process, to tell on myself, to call another alcoholic, sometimes just to talk, other times to see what they did to get through those times when the old thought process was active. The one sure fire way of getting the crap out of my head was going to a meeting, seeing and talking to some one who had just walked through the door and seeing just how good I had it sober.

Today the thought of a drink for me is out of my head as quickly as it enters, a drink is no longer even a serious option for me for any thing, I am sure this is a result of time, living the steps, going to meetings, helping other alcoholics, and doing things with family and friends.

What is really cool is today what I used to feel was boring is now peaceful and serene, at times when I am alone, I just relax, I take in the world around me, I sit in awe of nothing but the universe and its inner workings. There was a time when I would have thought "Damn, a drink would sure make this better, I am bored as hell!" Simple meditation, letting it come and go.

Trish give it time, work on becoming comfortable in your own skin, time....... time takes time, not always easy, but if you give it time & keep workiing on your self, in time things will get better.