Thread: He dumped me
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In a Tailspin

Originally Posted by kaztat View Post
I always hoped that he would see sense, see what a good life he could have with me and my son. Anyway he finished with me and I'm distraught. I think i might be a bit co-dependant but I miss him so much. I know I'm better off without him but I feel so lonely. I went through so much, trying to help him and feel so disappointed that he has done this to me.
Oh Kaz..........I thought the same thing after my divorce. My words were "I think I may have some 'codependent tendencies'". Then I got and read a GREAT book called Codependent No More by Melody Beatty. There's a list in there of typical codie behaviors. I read the whole book with a highlighter to highlight areas that applied/spoke to me. Once I realized I was turning the whole freaking book pink...........I admitted I don't just have "codependent tendencies" - - I'm a freakin' codie!! It was liberating for me to realize that now that I knew what was "broken" in me, it meant I could get to work fixing it. Now, I'm reading Women Who Love too Much. I think the author knows me!! And through alanon and some counseling, I'm learning how to "fix" me. Next time, I will be armed with the sharpest tool in the shed..........KNOWLEDGE!!

Good luck to you!