Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
prodigal

I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Parlegal Studies and Business Management from the University of Maryland today.

Work? WalMart is hiring and does not discriminate because of age. The federal government is suddenly hiring loads of people. Anyway, I qualify for a Legal Assistant Grade 5. I'm gonna hammer away at it, and in the meantime, if I have to scan food items at "Wally World" that's fine by me! I spent nine weeks scrubbing floors and toilets in a hair salon/day spa located in a strip center down the road. Would have stayed, but working with 20 women ... just a little too much daily " hormonal drama" for me! (Sorry if that sounds sexist, but the two worst bosses I've ever had were women!)

My cousin has offered to let me move in with him. That's a 2,300 mile move, but it should prove to be an adventure.

After two years off anti-depressants, I was put on a new one and it's working better than any other med I've ever taken. I feel happier, more at peace, relaxed, not obsessing or worrying over things all the time. And darned if the med didn't get me to the point that I don't even care to discuss AH anymore with family or friends. Old subject. Boring subject. Downer subject. Life is too short. I'm going to go live life the way I want to live it - broke or not!