Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Not much good news from me I'm afraid. No job, and frankly I've given up finding one here. I've been turned down for secretarial, restaurant, movie theater, housekeeping, day care, front desk, delivery driver, tech support, to only name a few.

I've been working hard trying to make more money online with my graphics, but it's not enough to even pay rent so far. Very disheartening. Not to mention that dial up connections make that type thing difficult - but I'm glad to have any connection at all.

I'm waiting to hear back from an attorney, to find out if I can leave the state immediately after I file. I'm going to have to send my daughter to my parents, while I take work in whatever city I can find it (I do network administration stuff, there is always employment in large cities). I've been told I can stay in womens or homeless shelters while I work, until I can save up some money. This is all until I lose my vehicle, which is likely...then I don't know what I'll do.

I'm trying to hold out until she gets out of school for the summer, so the trauma of moving her isn't so bad.

That's about it. The issue of no job, no money, and soon to be no vehicle pretty much controls every thought and action now. I'm glad I'm not having to deal with his insanity on top of it though, I can say that for sure.
I'm right with you

I'm also employed part time, and I'm only making enough to go under slowly, I've also been turned down for over 100 jobs, mostly because I'm "overqualified".

what I'm trying to concentrate on is freedom from fear is more important then freedom from want.

That's a critical point.

I'm being directed towards something else I just haven't found what that is yet. That's my experience anyway, in the past if something didn't work that was my higher powers way of directing me somewhere else.

Where I am supposed to be.

I don't know where that is going to be yet.

The thing is, I don't see it as "nothing but bad news" although I certainly have bad days with it. I see it as "nothing but good news" with emotional flare ups around it because although I am having financial difficulties, and frequently am in severe financial distress, I am moving forward in my recovery. Financial distress always passes eventually.

Don't get me wrong, I go for days at a time with no money eating Top Ramen sometimes not knowing when work is going to come my way, going to a local coffee shop for internet because I can't afford it at home.

It's difficult, but it's my experience that everything will fall into place when I am ready. Not on my time, on HP's time. All I can do is the next right thing, keep on keeping on. My job is to fling sh1t against the wall, I need to remember I'm not in charge of adhesion.

Something will stick eventually.

They say "Doors open and doors close but the hallways are a b1tch" and in the meantime, it's a mean time, sometimes I feel I should just decorate the hallways since I seem to spend so much time here.

I don't know if you "do" Alanon, but the third step says "made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him"

For me, it's been my experience that when I do that, and then concentrate on doing "God's work" (working my program, helping others etc.) I'm cared for.

It aint always the way I'd do it except on hindsight.

PS Yardwork and housework 80% done, it's lunchtime woooot