Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still Waters
Being Silent so I can Hear

Not much good news from me I'm afraid. No job, and frankly I've given up finding one here. I've been turned down for secretarial, restaurant, movie theater, housekeeping, day care, front desk, delivery driver, tech support, to only name a few.

I've been working hard trying to make more money online with my graphics, but it's not enough to even pay rent so far. Very disheartening. Not to mention that dial up connections make that type thing difficult - but I'm glad to have any connection at all.

I'm waiting to hear back from an attorney, to find out if I can leave the state immediately after I file. I'm going to have to send my daughter to my parents, while I take work in whatever city I can find it (I do network administration stuff, there is always employment in large cities). I've been told I can stay in womens or homeless shelters while I work, until I can save up some money. This is all until I lose my vehicle, which is likely...then I don't know what I'll do.

I'm trying to hold out until she gets out of school for the summer, so the trauma of moving her isn't so bad.

That's about it. The issue of no job, no money, and soon to be no vehicle pretty much controls every thought and action now. I'm glad I'm not having to deal with his insanity on top of it though, I can say that for sure.