Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nowinsituation

I spent all winter training for my first ever half-marathon; which I completed a couple weeks ago! I had a painful (but minor) injury which meant I had to walk for about half of the distance; but I finished and I loved it.

I have a big yard at my rental house that was in desparate need of some TLC. I have doing some landscaping by putting in a path (of mulch and stepping stones) and planting lots of flowers. The amazing thing is I have spent next to nothing on the project. As soon as I started I had people offering me free plants and flowers.

I had the opportunity to see two of my favorite performers in concert last week -- Billy Joel and Elton John. That also came about in an unusual way as it had been sold out for months. A group from work was going and someone was sick and couldn't go, so I had the opportunity to buy their ticket. Funny thing is that my XAH and I had one of our biggest fights ever when I wanted to see this concert in 1994 (the first time they toured together). So nice to just be able to go because I wanted to and not have to worry about anyone else!!!

Been dating a very sweet man for about two months now. We spent some time at his house last night and I helped him plant flowers in his yard. I'm thinking that's what my HP wants for me right now -- to spread flowers wherever I go!

I am also in the beginning stages of planning to start my own business -- and cutting back to part-time at my current job. I have always wanted to do it; and it is clear that the right time is NOW. I have waves of fear about it; but it doesn't keep me stuck.

I am still sad, scared, and confused -- but not nearly as often. Now I also have faith and believe that no matter what happens I will be OK.

I love reading everyone's stories -- keep them coming!