Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
isurvived

Overall, I am doing great!

I split from my AH back in the Fall of 07, and my divorce just granted the end of April. I'm still in "limbo" regarding the division of our marital property, and that has me anxious. My X contested the proposed settlement, so the divorce went to trial. I have a $20K attorney bill (I know it is enough to choke a horse) but I still say it was worth every penny to be free from him.

I noticed the difference right away, it was like a vacation! My home was a peaceful place, no more walking on egg shells. No fighting, no violence, no stranger living there with me!!! Since our split, I have met so many more people, gotten out and done things I never would have before...(didn't want to introduce him to anyone, and he never wanted to go anywhere anyway) I'm enjoying life all over again!

I have no interest in forming another relationship, don't feel needy at all. If someone comes along, I won't look the other way, but I'm not "in the market" for another marriage period! For the first time in 28 years, I can reclaim who I am, what I want out of my life, and go the direction that I want to go — unimpeded by an alcoholic!

I'm still trying to be gentle with myself... trying to forgive myself for all the years I put up with that life.

I couldn't have made it without my faith. It was the ONLY thing that brought me out of the existence I was living.