Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bernadette

Hi Bookwyrm!
I'm doing really well thank you-
Gearing up for my last final exam of this semester on Monday. Then just 4 clinical semesters to go and I can take the RN exam.
I'm broke, as usual, but my body is strong and my boys are very healthy.
I got another P/T job, this one working with a midwife, which is hopefully what I'll be in 5 years, so I am learning lots, and terrified and nervous about all I HAVE to learn still.

When I started Nursing school in 08 I really took a leap of faith...I knew how I would survive that first year but I didn't have the next 3 years ironed out perfectly...well it all comes together, not easily, but by really keeping my focus on my goals, and making it a priority and not an option, I'm still motoring ahead at a good pace.

I also worked on a big project with one of my son's classes back in February. It was a huge undertaking but I am so glad I did it, I really got to know his teachers and class and neither of us will ever forget our experiences together. My grades suffered a bit but I'v been able to pull it all back together since the end of March.

My partner and I are still solid...this semester has been hard...and this relationship in general has been hard for me in the sense that it the first time I have actively made room for ME and not just given over everything I have to my BF!! It's probably why this is the best romantic relationship I've ever had...and still I am occassionnally assualted by guilty feelings when I can't drop everything and be there for him or can't laze around all weekend because I have non-stop studying to do....and it's all in me! He doesn't make me feel bad, he is very supportive...but it's like I'm not sure if I'm in a relationship if I'm not just pouring all that I am into the other person!! Just givin' it away!! But I've come a long long long way since my divorce and with effort and mental discipline I really grow every day, in my studies, in my relationship, in my parenting....one day at a time!

Looking forward to the end of semester and getting out and about socially a little more....gotta get my head out of the books first!

Bookwyrm I hope your house sells soon - you've come such a long way and I'm glad to hear about where you're at! I saw my first opera 2 years ago. I was NOT into it for the first minutes....I was like, OK, so this is just like the ancient form where "musicals" came from....yawn....and then WHAM, the heroine hit this note in her aria (the opera was "La Wally" by Catalani) and it was like my whole chest just expanded and opened up....and tears started streaming down my face...it was extraoridnary!! I was in shock at my reaction! I looked over at my friend who came with me opera and tears were streaming down his face too! Wild!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
peace-
b