Thread: How you doin'?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

I'm doing well, thank you

I just got back from a week long vacation with my wonderful Girlfriend, it was no less then amazing

I'm loading up on coffee and puttering around the internet at the local coffee shop

Today I am going to prune my roses, mow my lawns, etc and clean my house (It was clean for my vacation but the hardwood floors were finished while I was gone, but now there is dust everywhere, but the floor looks FANTASTIC, it makes the whole house come together)

My life is so different this last year it's like night and day, here's why:

Because I have learned how to focus on myself

One of the difficulties I have with this forum is the focus is on "them" so much.

I was dying inside when I got here.

I wanted solution.

I needed solution.

I learned here the solution and the problem are on me. If I want to see the problem, all I needed to do was look in the mirror. If I wanted solution I had to take action. I had to change, for 3 years I thought if I could just get "them" to change everything everything would be all right.

I think you would get a TON more "looks" and responses if you titled this thread "He's cheating again" or "he's drinking again" or just "he's a rat bast@rd"

Anyhow, with that small "shift" learning how to keep the focus on myself, and to take responsibility for my own recovery from codependency my life has changed 180 degrees.

I'd like to thank you all here, this is where I learned that.