Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

This is why I continue to recommend Sober Living Houses. There he would be required to 'get a job' 'any job' to pay his room and board. He would be living with others in recovery of various stages, He would be learning how to interact and communicate with others SOBER and he would re-learn how to be a productive member of society.

Most states, if the husband and wife are living apart, and it is because the husband is living in an environment to get well, both physically and mentally (yes, addiction is part of a mental illness, I believe) will give the wife and child(ren) the insurance and other benefits they need to stay healthy and fit.

Whether he can get into one now after 7 months? Maybe, I'm not sure.

I know in that first year of recovery, I was not a very nice person, I was crabby, I was cantankerous, a lot of times didn't know if I was coming or going. Recovery takes time, there is a lot folr a sick addict/alkie to work through, about ourselves, yet alone being able to show compassion to others. NO I am not excusing his actions, I am explaining that all of sudden, and 7 months is a NANO SECOND in the rest of his life, here he is, in a world (that he hid from and numbed himself from for years) and told to live life UGH. Sorry, but it takes time. Longer for some than others.

I will add one more thing. My first 3 years in recovery from my addictions, I had a terrible time with PATIENCE and TOLERANCE. It was only at 3 years sober, when I started also attending Al-Anon that I started to understand the TRUE meaning and practice of Patience and Tolerance. That was many years ago now, but I will be forever grateful to BOTH PROGRAMS.

J M H O

Love and hugs,