View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Freepath
Up from the ashes

Have you ever watched single people? Who they date, why they connect, what kinds of things they are willing to tolerate?

I was having a conversation about this kind of thing with a group of people. Some of them single, some of them married. It was actually a married woman who said that older single people have a hard time settling down because they are too picky.

I believe that as we introspect, (in healthy ways) we begin to discover our own values and beliefs. Then we start to draw lines in the sand. We begin to say (just for example) I don’t like [smokers, liars, Christians, people who are rude, lazy people, people with cats, people who don’t like cats]…you get the idea. Then we don’t mix words about it.

Its not spiteful or personal, in some cases we don’t even love them any less. It’s just that there are 6 billion people in the world, and maybe all the cat people can hang out together and all the people who don’t like cats can hang out together. It’s just a matter of preference.

It seems to me that you are just separating fact from fantasy and what you will put up with from what you will not put up with and you’re letting people know it.

Nothing wrong with that.