Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paulos
1000 Post Club

Thumbs up You know, the dogmatic view is insane of alcoholism.

I'm not starting a flame, but I will not lie.

I drank the other night, and no I do not call it a relapse. To me it was PART of my recovery, 320+ days have passed without drinking and remember how BAD it felt to have a hangover/etc, ...

What is the point of continuing to COUNT THE DAYS OVER AND OVER AND OVER like the insane *no offense* 25-30 year AAers, maybe that gives some people hope.

Hey whatever works but to me I'm motivated by the fact that I'm still alive, I stayed sober, I'm not cured from alcoholism by far that's for sure, once you've had a taste and were an addict you NEVER GET CURED if you get tempted to drink again that is obvious.

That's the truth right there, I know you all know me, maybe you think I abandoned you in meetings yet that was not of my doing, that was others which I will not talk about.

But even being sober I needed something to make me realize why I am sober, I know health/etc is important but either way I drank 7 beers the other night, wasn't good to do at all and I'm not promoting it one bit, but I am glad I did, I'm not proud but I'm glad because I feel even better about NOT doing it anymore once again, sometimes we need a little reminder from our poison.

Well, that's all from me for now... counting days is good to an extent, but after a while ... god what's the point if you know you're finally in control, and I know many are not in control I know that, no one is in the long run. Well, I will pray for you all. Good day.