Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Hey there, what i meant by this:

If you really do believe it is a choice then that speaks volumes about his behaviour and your relationship

If it really was a choice then he would be basically saying that he doesn't care about you or the relationship/life you are making together. If, for an example, i wasn't a genuine sex addict and chose to have an affair then that speaks volumes, either that it is a relationship that should never have been or one that needs some changes to make work, right?

Do you think he is thinking i know i'll screw with this person's head, who i love, and life and i'm going to screw my kids up so that they have instability and emotional issues in their life too? So how can i do that, i know i'll choose to get addicted to meds!

My point is that, for a lot of people, it is beyond a choice, it needs some help and a rethink, and action, about all things...it's not just thinking well i have a lovely wife, lovely children and a great job, man the future is so bright...oh but i am an addict/alcoholic...wow i know what i'll choose to stop using/drinking...3 months later thinking there you go that was the only problem, now why was i an addict/alcoholic for 10 years+ lol hey ho, it's a funny world...c'mon wtf?!

It's going to help you to get as much info as possible and an understanding on what he is doing and going through:-)

I respect what Bam is saying, but for me that choice was a long time ago!

Remember these are just my personal experiences with me and my childhood with my Father who was a highly functional drunk and has now controlledhis drinking...he's still just as miserable, just only drinks a couple of nights week...whoop de doo!